Health is one of the most important tasks ever. This can be mental, physical, all of it, it just matters. How are we to be successful moms, dads, spouses if we let the little things that matter to us slip through the cracks?
First for us to take care of others, we must take care of ourselves then others, I’ve compiled a couple hacks you can easily implement in your day-to-day actions:
- Inspired and Motivate yourself each time you look in the mirror! Super easy right? The often things i see happening are parents who have children and are exhausted (not saying its not exhausting to have children, believe me I know!)
- “I did my hair today, packed lunch and my kid doesn’t look homeless today- #momwin!” Something as easy as this, gives credit to yourself and the thousand things you are juggling each day.
- If you can financially, find a babysitter not just for your weekly date night, but for Mom Night. Go and get yourself a great workout in, go to Target by yourself and maybe get a new outfit, all things that don’t seem like a lot but reassure you that you are more than just a mom.
You have enough mom worries:
- Am I doing it right?
- Did I do something wrong?
- When we should be giving ourselves credit like, HONESTLY!! Let’s chill a second and think about it.
- How often do we get enough sleep?
- How often do we get to eat in peace? Or even to relax without you hearing “you’re needed” somewhere around the house??
So I write this just to encourage you to assess yourself and where you are placing yourself on the totem pole, it’s that important. Your spouse, kids, coworkers will all thank you for it.
Focus more on positivity: how great of a parent you ALREADY are.
Humor: If you change 7 poop diapers, think about how funny his/ her face is when pooping, and laugh about it.
” At the end of the day, life isn’t about being pretty and popular. Its about being healthy and happy”
Health & Safety Coordinator
Young Scholars Academy